Originally Posted by NursingNewbie
1.What are the best things about this job?
2. What skills will I truly need to succeed?
3. What are the absolute worst things about this job? (Be honest)
4. What does a typical day on the job entail?
5. Do I need to have a strong science background?
Here are my thoughts:
1. Every day that I work, I go home satisfied, knowing that I made a difference in someone's life. It truly is a great feeling.
2. Patience, perseverance, compassion, and a sense of humor.
3. Cleaning up poop.
4. This varies from nurse to nurse. Start reading some nurse blogs to find out.
5. YES! But don't worry - I went for my BSN after having a degree in Studio Art and I managed to survive my prerequisites. It just takes some hard work and determination.