View Full Version : nurse in canada

ladiesman
03-03-2011, 02:23 PM
hello!any nurses here from canada?just want to ask on how to be licensed RN there.i graduated BSN in our country and i had my immigrant visa approved. i know i have to take your test and pass it but is it true that i have to study there?i mean i have to take nursing classes before i can register?hope someone can help and thanks!

almawtsn55
05-18-2011, 01:54 AM
To become a registered nurse only university degree is required.

To become a licensed practical nurse the education requirements vary considerably across the country and range from one to two years of college education.

In order to become a nurse and get a nursing license you must have graduated from an "approved" or "recognized" nursing program.

loriangel14
06-27-2011, 05:18 PM
You can contact the college of nurses(our licensing bodies are called colleges) in the province that you want to be licensed in. They will tell you how to proceed.Basically they will evaluate your education and experience to determine if you are eligible to write the CRNE.You will not necessarily have to do any additional schooling. Best of luck.

bizcheers
07-14-2011, 07:01 AM
I am living in Burnaby, BC, CA
yes, you have I think so

the classes is needed but remmember the price of CNA trainning class in USA is much cheapper that Canada.

you may find out more information at cna exam (http://cnaexamination.com/)

hello!any nurses here from canada?just want to ask on how to be licensed RN there.i graduated BSN in our country and i had my immigrant visa approved. i know i have to take your test and pass it but is it true that i have to study there?i mean i have to take nursing classes before i can register?hope someone can help and thanks!

beth19870625
07-18-2011, 04:37 AM
Here is some advice in [URL="http://www.cnaexamination.com"].Hope that can give you some help.

bizcheers
07-23-2011, 01:05 AM
nice job in Canada most nurses got good salary.

-----
cna resume sample (http://cnaassistants.com)

katek
05-13-2012, 12:26 AM
If anyone else is wondering the same thing about this, what you need to do is search google "nursing schools canada". Numbers and addresses should come up. You can call these places and ask them the questions you have. They will be able to answer all your questions and help you so you can go to school.

amygarside
05-31-2012, 06:36 AM
Hope this helps: http://www.ehow.com/how_2307754_become-nurse-canada.html

peter62
10-09-2012, 04:05 PM
hi there is no nurse grom canada, its difficult to find

yuzulangrazi
02-19-2013, 11:15 PM

Hi ladiesman,

It depends on the state. Different states in Canada require different credentials. It's best that you apply for eligibility to take the exam and the board of nurses will assess your education. If it's a match, then you will just take the exam and pass it. Most of the time, you'll need to take additional subjects and this means going back to nursing school to take these units.

yuzulangrazi
02-19-2013, 11:17 PM
:handkiss:

Hi ladiesman,

It depends on the state. Different states in Canada require different credentials. It's best that you apply for eligibility to take the exam and the board of nurses will assess your education. If it's a match, then you will just take the exam and pass it. Most of the time, you'll need to take additional subjects and this means going back to nursing school to take these units.

Xeus
03-13-2014, 01:57 PM
The possibilities are limitless. Nursing offers both men and women a wide range of opportunities for career challenges, travel, professional development and the personal satisfaction of working in a caring profession that helps people to get well or to stay healthy.

vicky25
06-06-2014, 04:54 AM
you should check the official website of the canadian nurse association for more information follow this page for more information
cna-aiic.ca/en/becoming-an-rn

vicky25
06-20-2014, 07:46 AM
If you wish to be a RN you should start with the College of RN's for Ontario and get eligibility to sit CRNE. Do not be surprised if the employer expects to see that before offering you a job. Most jobs I have seen have either stated passed CRNE or have eligibility to sit it. Process can take any length of time

vicky25
08-19-2014, 07:00 AM
You should check out the official canadian nurse association website for details.

http://cna-aiic.ca/en/becoming-an-rn

AndyPisk
01-13-2015, 10:35 AM
Hi, there is a big possibility that requirement is true. There are countries, (and in your case, probably Canada) that require schooling first before one can be a registered nurse. I think it is just like getting a driver's license. Even if you are holding a professional driver's license from your native country, you still have to undergo certain tasks for you to qualify for a driver's license in the country you are currently in.