View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 08:35 AM

Julie has a reputation beyond reputeJulie has a reputation beyond reputeJulie has a reputation beyond reputeJulie has a reputation beyond reputeJulie has a reputation beyond reputeJulie has a reputation beyond reputeJulie has a reputation beyond reputeJulie has a reputation beyond reputeJulie has a reputation beyond reputeJulie has a reputation beyond reputeJulie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Texas Nurse,

First of all let me welcome you to Nursing Voices. There are lots of great people here at all stages of their career who hopefully will be able to help you during this difficult time and beyond.

You have obviously been through a pretty tough time just when you should have been getting used to life as a new RN you were suddenly treated as if you had no knowledge and skills and more fool management for doing that. It is difficult enough when you first qualify because your brain tells you that you know stuff and should be able to do it easily but the trouble is that is just the time when your confidence can go a bit. This is something I have experienced a few times and to help you it is important to have at least one person around you who you can turn to for advice and support.

Have a look around you, is there just one person who you could confide in? Who might be able to help? Do you have a preceptor, an ex tutor or supervisor from your training days?

I'm in the UK so it is hard for me to make any other suggestions, I am not over familiar with how things are for you in terms of work, but I am sure someone else will be able to help.

Good luck and keep us in touch with your progress.