View Full Version : So many questions

Futurenursehopeful
02-24-2011, 12:47 AM
I am about to start prereqs so that I can make a career switch to nursing. I have a few questions...

I would like to do an accelerated program to get my BSN I think. Do hospitals prefer BSN over an AA? Is it more of a payscale difference?

Nursing school is so hard to get into. Any tips? I am going to get my EMT in an accelerated course and currently volunteer in a first aid setting.

Is it hard if I go to school in another state to get a job back in CA?

Anyone have any good websites for information?

vicky25
06-10-2014, 05:26 AM
With an AA you can't go anywhere as an RN. You must apply to a BSN program (and do all 3-4 years depending on how many credits you have already in specific courses) or you have to apply to a AS RN degree program.

vicky25
09-01-2014, 08:17 AM
Both are equally qualified. I think that if the BSN flubs the interview then the AA degree nurse will get it. Especially if it is bedside care nursing. Any management position usually requires or is preferred to have at least a BSN.

streem26
11-15-2016, 04:03 PM
With an AA you can't go anywhere as an RN. You must apply to a BSN program (and do all 3-4 years depending on how many credits you have already in specific courses) or you have to apply to a AS RN degree program.

I would recommend you go to BSN also.
Write a concise essay https://essmart.org/medical-school-essays/, which addresses your prior education and work experience, as well as how you expect the BSN to enhance your professional career goals. If you can, please incorporate the following:
Experiences and motivations which have contributed significantly to your decision to pursue the BSN degree
Based on your professional experience, specify qualities that you feel are essential to nursing.
Good luck!