View Full Version : Anyone attending HCC - Houston Community College?

Dewailer
05-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi,

I'm starting at HCC - Houston Community College this fall and will begin taking my pre-requisites. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for me as I begin my journey to become a nurse? When exactly did you guys take pharm? I've seen a few people mention that once you take it you have to sit out a semester. Is this really true? I'm really nervous about the order of things and don't want to screw this up and waste a lot of precious time. I'm hoping to get into the nursing program in the Fall of 2012 - is that even realistic if I take fall, spring and summer classes and pass all of them? Thanks and I look forward to some replies.

Dewailer

vicky25
08-19-2014, 06:43 AM
Overall the study life at Houston Community college is good you can check more details about various programs over the web. http://www.studentsreview.com/undergraduate.php3?UID=3383&PID=30&MAJOR_NAME=Nursing&d_name=Houston%20Community%20College&d_short=HCC

robgarza021
05-30-2015, 05:37 PM
I actually got my Associates in History there and my ex-girlfriend got her ASN the same year you were looking to go. It was tough on her. She gained weight, had many sleepless nights too, and was stressed most of the time. She was incredibly relieved when she graduated and happy to start earning some real money. I'm curious what your experience was like though; especially since I'm thinking of moving back and going to HCC Coleman myself.

streem26
12-03-2016, 11:00 AM
I applied for the ADN program for Fall 2011. After I sent in my application ( https://essmart.org/medical-school-essays/), which you first have to see a counselor to check you off first, who gives you their signature, and take to the ADN office at Coleman. I received a letter in the mail not shortly after the due date to take pharmacology in the summer. I have been takin the pharm class in the summer, and our teacher told us that if we pass the class and pass the math exam, we will be allowed to start the program in the fall, no waiting! After our first test, we received our acceptance letters in class, and we have two mandatory orientations that are all day that we must attend. If you do not attend them, you will not be allowed to start the program. All our immunizations and CPR card is due in a month. If I were you, I would start to get your immunizations now! It goes by fast, but it's worth it.