View Full Version : Im a fresh graduate and I would appreciate your guidance

nicolemarcelino
06-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Good day! I am a fresh graduate from the philippines, a non-immigrant and is currently in CA. Although I have already been petitioned by my mother (who is a green card holder) in 2009.

I came here to apply for the nlcex in CA and learned that if you do not have a social security number you are not eligable to take the NCLEX.
I decided to take the NY NCLEX instead since it does not require a social security number.

Right now, I am currently in the process of filling out my CVS for NY State and there is a portion that says "information about your professional license"

Unfortunately, I am not a holder of a philippine license since I did not take the NLE.

My question is, do i need to have a philippine license in order for my credentials to be verified? Will it take a longer time for CGFNS to verify my credentials since I am not licensed? and will it affect my chances of applying for the NCLEX in the future?

And do you also need work experience? Because there is a portion in the application form "i recently worked in the country" with an asterisk. Thank you for you help :)