View Full Version : Nursing Degree Questions - Need Direction!

bdp612
04-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi everyone! This is my first post here. I have begun thinking about nursing as a career and have been accepted to a few good programs already here in upstate New York. I think I'm having some difficulty committing to it though. I had a few general questions and I guess I am looking for some guidance as I don't know anyone in the field of nursing.

I am a young male with a bachelors in psychology. I have worked in direct care for many years and I think I will like the work, but I'm also really interested in the mobility involved. I like to travel and I like the idea of living in different cities and it seems like nursing might allow me some measure of that.

I'm hoping to get another bachelors degree at a reasonable cost, and preferably in a nice city. I was looking into programs in Montreal in schools like McGill...and the requirements seem pretty intense. That seems like something specific to Canada and I was wondering why. I'm also confused by the licensure between states and countries, etc.

Basically looking for direction in this field. Any help would be appreciated!