View Full Version : Advice needed!

Beth31
11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi all, I'm brand new to this so please bear with me. I am a paediatric A&E nurse and have been working in the same A&E dept for 12 years now within the NHS. Over the last year I've been feeling more and more down about my place of work and have now gotten to the point where I dread going into work. It's affecting my family too as I can be so moody and depressed. I feel like hospital politics and targets are becoming more important than patient care, and having never been one to want to climb the greasy pole to management, I can't really bring myself to care about all that crap. I have also started a business with my friend and colleague which we hope will take off but we're not taking any wages from that yet.
Today after finding out my xmas off duty (and crying for 30 mins)I have decided to join some agencies. I would like nothing more than to hand my resignation in tomorrow and just leave it all behind and just do agency work. What I would like to know is if there are any nurses out there who left permanent employment and only work for agencies and what their experiences of it are and any advice they may have to offer?