View Full Version : What kind of music do you listen to?

Jess
09-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey all! What kind of music do you listen to? Who are your favorite singers, bands, etc.?

I really love catchy music and I listen to absolutely everything! As long as the song catches my attention and gets stuck in my head, it'll be in my iTunes library! I have classical, country, pop, etc.

I listen to Bon Jovi, The Goo Goo Dolls, The Fray, OneRepublic, Backstreet Boys, Linkin Park, etc.

jojodow
09-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Hey all! What kind of music do you listen to? Who are your favorite singers, bands, etc.?

I really love catchy music and I listen to absolutely everything! As long as the song catches my attention and gets stuck in my head, it'll be in my iTunes library! I have classical, country, pop, etc.

I listen to Bon Jovi, The Goo Goo Dolls, The Fray, OneRepublic, Backstreet Boys, Linkin Park, etc.
I'm pretty open to a lot of music!
Here's my list:
Tori Amos, Live, Sarah Mclachlan, Billy Joel, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pearl Jam, Some Jewel,Depeche Mode, The Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, Elvis Costello, Big Band, Courtney Jaye, Live,Harry Connick Jr, They might be giants, The Beatles
All 80s and 90s new wave/alterative
some country

Absolutely HATE Rap and that teeny bop stuff that's out now (Brittany Spears, Avril whatsherface)

Jess
09-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Haha, your list is awesome! I love Depeche Mode and Sarah McLachlan! However, I do listen to some pop music because it is quite catchy. ;)

PixelRN
09-17-2007, 09:12 AM
My tastes are mostly stuck in the 80's and 90's. I used to like Chris Issak and Liz Phair. I also like 70's R&B and I have been known to listen to "Band of Gold" by Freda Payne for a solid straigh hour. (yes, I am a little obsessive at times)

Elocin22
09-18-2007, 04:06 AM
I love ALL Jewel (I've seen her 4 times in concert!), Modest Mouse, Johnny Cash, Regina Spektor, Joe Firstman, System of a Down, Iron and Wine, Sara Evans, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Josh Turner, Alanis Morrissette (old stuff), Brand New (at least their popular song), Justin Timberlake, Coheed & Cambria, etc.

My boyfriend calls me his "Emo-wannabe Girlfriend." He's probably right, but generally, I like a little bit of everything.

MyOwnWoman
09-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Take a listen to Andy McKee on you tube. I bought his CD and it's amazing.

I listen to all sorts of music from Alternative to Zydeco. What can you expect though, my husband's hobby is collecting old albums and stereos....like tube amps, old speakers..... we're up to I think 12 stereo systems now....each one good for something special.

I think he's pulling my leg.

Anyway...if you get a chance, listen to Andy McKee on Youtube, the name of the song is "Drifter."

KimRN
09-30-2007, 12:23 PM

Journey, the Bee Gees, Jeff Scott Soto, Matchbox 20, the Foo Fighters, Queen, Lindsey Buckingham, Diamond Rio, Evanescence

Polaris
09-30-2007, 07:52 PM
My tastes range from one extreme to the other. I have some Pantera, Marilyn Manson, Evanescence and then............... Air Supply (gasp!), Christina Aguilera, Andrew Bird, etc.

I pretty much listen to anything - as long as it makes me feel something then I listen to it.

Catherine Morgan
10-01-2007, 08:55 PM
:dancing2: I love all kinds of music, and I actually have a page on one of my blogs titled "Music I Like (http://catherinemarie.wordpress.com/music/)".

bcp
10-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Since no one mentioned it...I guess I will.

I love soft jazz. Always have, always will. I also listen to classical, new age and some R&B.

I grew up as a certified Motown Kid...if it wasn't Motown or at least Aretha, I didn't want to hear it.

In case you've not figured it out, I'm well over 30. :p