View Full Version : Scholarships?

ChristineT
08-01-2017, 04:32 PM
School isn't cheap. What kinds of scholarships has everyone heard of?

PaulaJo
08-20-2017, 12:03 PM
I went looking through Reddit's nursing-related forums and I found a couple:

Company called NurseRecruiter.com just launched a new nursing scholarship which looks promising: Five reasons to tell the people you know about the new NurseRecruiter.com scholarship (https://blog.nurserecruiter.com/help-us-help-future-nurses-five-reasons-to-tell-the-people-you-know-about-the-new-nurserecruiter-com-scholarship/)

Another company called HireNurses also announced a year ago that they were giving out small scholarships. They just said to send emails, though, so no web address -- but might be worth digging into!

Cherokee uniforms apparently gives out one or more scholarships once a year - program is called "A Nurse I Am" so you could google that. This year they just gave out one, so probably very competitive!

Not a scholarship as such, but the National Health Service Corp runs a loan repayment program, so that's a good opportunity to get your study loans forgiven once you enter the work force. We're talking big amounts, $60k or $100k, but you have to commit to working in an underserved / at need area for several years.

ChristineT
08-23-2017, 11:12 AM
Those sound awesome. Hey, anything helps, right?