View Full Version : How did you hear about Nursing Voices?

Jess
09-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Hey everyone! :wave:

So how did you hear about Nursing Voices? Did you just stumble across this forum by accident?

In my Favorites/Bookmarks on Internet Explorer I have a Nursing folder that has about 10-15 links on nursing. Whether it's forums, websites, etc. I'm not sure when I bookmarked Nursing Jobs.org, but I guess I did and I decided to check up on it. I usually go to every link in my favorites now and then to delete pages I don't visit anymore, etc.

I saw the "Forum" on Nursing Jobs.org and that is how I discovered Nursing Voices!

jojodow
09-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Shane told me about it and asked me for my opinion about it when NursingJobs was launching.

It took me awhile to get here as a regular (I checked it out initially)

Glad I did!:elephant:

PixelRN
09-19-2007, 07:43 AM
I heard about it when it launched but at the time I was working for another nursing website so I didn't participate right away.

I joined just the other day when I was reading Jodi's blog (Coffee and Conversation).

Jess
09-19-2007, 12:06 PM
I've been hovering over this forum for quite a while now. I always do that with everything...I hover around and then join. :) I'm so glad I did, this is a terrific place to be! Of course, the guests that are hovering around should definitely join! :D

TwinMamaLinda
09-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Hello all...
I have found that blogging is a slippery slope :) First you lurk, then you begin to feel like you know the people you are reading about (identify with their struggles really), then you feel like you might have something to say :D and begin blogging yourself. When Kim @ Emergiblog (http://www.emergiblog.com) started talking about nursing voices I went through the same process - reading and lurking what I could without registering and then feeling like I had something to say :)

So here I am ... a 36 year old, married, mom, labor and delivery nurse in new england with something to say (when it occurs to me you'll be the first to hear it). I had been blogging but it was brought to my attention by a former patient that I needed to be more general if I wanted to be safe (HIPPA wise) as I live in a small place and work at a tertiary care center :) SO a new blogger identity is in the works ... and I will be back to blogging soon.

Thanks for providing the forum!

Jess
09-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Hi TwinMamaLinda! :) Welcome to Nursing Voices and it's very nice to meet you. I hope to see you around posting lots! :D

Julie
09-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Yes, welcome Linda! Great to have you on board. :D

geenaRN
09-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Welcome Linda!

So here I am ... a 36 year old, married, mom, labor and delivery nurse in new england with something to say (when it occurs to me you'll be the first to hear it).

Can't wait :date:

KimRN
09-20-2007, 04:58 AM
I have been around here so long that I remember when I was one of four nurses who had their blogs syndicated in what was known as "Nursing Voices" before it became a forum! Emergiblog was just a toddler and it was exciting to be syndicated!! We are talking about a year-and-a-half now.

And we walked to school barefoot in three feet of snow five miles each way and we LIKED IT!

I need a drink :pepsi:

brefni
10-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Hi Everyone,
I found Nursing Voices by reading jojodow's blog....Coffee and Conversation in a Smoky Room. Excellent read!!! http://jodaya.blogspot.com/
Thanks Jo!!

Kate

MyOwnWoman
10-13-2007, 07:06 PM
I can't remember how I came to Nursing Voices, I think it was via a link from one of the nursing blogs I read.

Anyway...I got here somehow....have been here ever since.

I'm an opinionated wench and I probably talk to much but I'll be around until one of the guides kicks me off.

Julie
10-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Nothing wrong with having an opinion on things. I can't see you being kicked off any day soon :)

KimRN
10-14-2007, 12:36 PM
I can't remember how I came to Nursing Voices, I think it was via a link from one of the nursing blogs I read.

Anyway...I got here somehow....have been here ever since.

I'm an opinionated wench and I probably talk to much but I'll be around until one of the guides kicks me off.

Kicks you off? Opinions are the heart of a forum! You GO, girl!:highfive:

Nurse Stella
10-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Just within the past year I got introduced to nurses blogging by a friend who's a cabbie. He pointed me to "Thoughts from the night shift", and I was hooked on reading medical blogs. As a lurker, of course! Then someone was writing about Nursing Voices... and here I am. I don't post as often as I'd like due to time constraints. I work full time, we have a new house, and my husband and I are taking care of my elderly mother, who is not well. This forum, and all of your blogs are just so theraputic for me. So thanks!:party:

B.

jojodow
10-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I got here through Kim and Shane.

MOW, I hope you don't get kicked off. I Love reading your opinions!

Besides I haven't read anything too contraversial. (Maybe we should spark things up a bit!) ;)