View Full Version : cardiology nurse says howdy!!

Nurse Ceejay
09-29-2007, 04:30 PM
:wave: Hello everyone,

I'm Ceejay. I've been working as a cardiology nurse in a teaching hospital for 10 years and lovin' it! Looking forward to posting here and hear from everyone. Have a great weekend!!

Nurse Ceejay :D

Jess
09-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi Ceejay! Welcome to Nursing Voices! :shakehands:

My name's Jess and I'm a second year nursing student. :) I guess I'll see you around and I'll talk to you later!

neuronurse
09-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi! What kind of cardiac nursing do you do? CCU? cardiac cath? another unit?

KimRN
09-30-2007, 10:01 AM
:wave: Hello everyone,

I'm Ceejay. I've been working as a cardiology nurse in a teaching hospital for 10 years and lovin' it! Looking forward to posting here and hear from everyone. Have a great weekend!!

Nurse Ceejay :D

Welcome, Ceejay! I spent my first eight years as an RN in Coronary Care, back when a Swan Ganz was a big thing and they didn't do angioplasty yet! :cheers:

jojodow
09-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Welcome Ceejay!

Hope to hear more about your adventures as a Cardiac Nurse!

Nurse Ceejay
09-30-2007, 02:13 PM
:) Thanks for the warm welcome guys, especially you Jess since you're the first to welcome me.

I seriously need to get Blogging for Dummies so I can at least make watching grass growing sound exciting, so please bear with me.

Hi neuronurse, I work in an adult telemetry/medicine (there's no such thing as pure telemetry anymore, at least where I work), which has a 42-bed capacity. The nicest thing I like about it is our 4:1 ratio. We used to pull our sheaths when our ratio was 6:1five years ago, not to mention taking care of vascular patients with our turn over being very high. Your chance of getting a pee break was close to null. We did lose a lot of good nurses. Thank god, those days were over.

Hi KimRN, I only have respect for you, being a nurse before they started PTCAs...back in 1977???? Hands down, absolutely and completely! :rock:

jojodow
10-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I work in an adult telemetry/medicine (there's no such thing as pure telemetry anymore, at least where I work), which has a 42-bed capacity. The nicest thing I like about it is our 4:1 ratio. We used to pull our sheaths when our ratio was 6:1five years ago, not to mention taking care of vascular patients with our turn over being very high. Your chance of getting a pee break was close to null. We did lose a lot of good nurses. Thank god, those days were over.

There is no such thing as Pure Telemetry. The unit I left was originally Internal med/Infectious disease. Then, all of a sudden we were the unofficial telemetry floor and all these cardiac patients were attacking us. When I left in August we were still 5 or 6 to 1 on average.

Did they think they could sneak in cardiac patients without us noticing?

We were also "encouraged" to recognize any heart defects (Murmurs, tachycardia, congestive heart sxs) on non-cardiac patients so we could have reason to put them on a monitor.
Adds $1000/day to the bill. :crutches:

MyOwnWoman
10-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Hiya Ceejay. Welcome to Nursing Voices. :shakehands: