View Full Version : Any other nurses out there on extended vacation

Burnout Hag RN
10-11-2007, 05:27 PM
http://www.nursingvoices.com/images/smilies/love.gif Hi, I'm a 29 year veteran of nursing and just wanted to say hi. My speciality was Peritoneal Dialysis where I was in middle management. How many of you out there have worked over 20 years ? 25 years ?

Jess
10-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi Burnout Hag RN! I have seen you around on Nursing Voices but I haven't had a chance to say hello! I'm a nursing student and welcome! :)

bcp
10-16-2007, 12:08 AM
Hello!

I'm not on extended vacation, but I've been doing this for a long time. Someone signed that first license back in 1978. However, I really started much younger...as a Candy Striper at the old French Hospital in San Francisco...must have been around 1968 or 1969, and gosh...even before that I remember volunteering at the Red Cross...seems I was putting supplies away or something.

That's a lot of years!

Nps Save Lives
10-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Hi there! I guess you could say that I'm on a slightly extended vacation myself. I'm between jobs and am trying to figure out something pretty quick. I've been nursing since 2001 and have recently graduated in April as a NP. I didn't think that I would be out of work for almost a month! YIKES!:banghead:

KimRN
11-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi there! I guess you could say that I'm on a slightly extended vacation myself. I'm between jobs and am trying to figure out something pretty quick. I've been nursing since 2001 and have recently graduated in April as a NP. I didn't think that I would be out of work for almost a month! YIKES!:banghead:

Wow - I'm out of touch! Are you back at work now? Fill me in! :call2:

klq727
12-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Hi! Got my first license in 1975! I am a freelance writer these days. Wrote The Everything New Nurse Book a couple of years ago and was the Guide to Nursing at About.com for 3 years. They recently closed that site in favor of a new more comprehensive health careers site so I'm moving all of my content to my own site now.

So I think I have you beat in the "old nurse" dept.