View Full Version : CNA, planning on becoming an RN

m_rizzle
11-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Allo. I'm Mira, 21, from Canada.

Although technically not yet a 'real nurse', I worked as a CNA in a hospital ward for a year and a half and hope to go back to school to become an RN. I've been on leave since early this year due to health and personal issues, and I'm staying home for the time being because I'm pregnant with my first child, due April 4th next year (it's a boy :)). I've been interested in nursing for a LONG time... joined this forum because I'd love to read some of your experiences and get a better feel for what I can expect in nursing school & the actual career. I'm only an NA, however I managed to learn a TON of stuff both through observation as well as asking questions and being taught a few things by several RNs who were kind enough to share some of their knowledge -- it has helped raise my confidence in my abilities as a caregiver, and I hope to some day apply that knowledge towards becoming an RN.

Hopefully it's okay for me to be here. If so, I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys. :)

Julie
11-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Hi there m_rizzle and welcome to nursing voices. No one here is only an NA, it is great that even though you have had to put your RN course on hold you still want to be a nurse.

we look forward to hearing more from you. :)

MyOwnWoman
11-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Welcome m rizzle. It's good to see you here.

KimRN
11-22-2007, 02:08 AM
Hi m rizzle! Of course you should be here, in fact, this is THE place to be. There are a ton of student nurse blogs out there that will get you jazzed for school. I went back for my BSN after thirty years because I saw all the enthusiasm of the student nurses.

The best nurses I worked with started out as NA's - you get the foundations of patient care perfected and it gives you something to build on in school.

Congrats on the baby and welcome to Nursing Voices!

Shane
11-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Welcome, m_rizzle :wave:

m_rizzle
11-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome :)