View Full Version : ELNEC Training

Elocin22
11-26-2007, 05:49 AM
I just wanted to tell everyone about the absolutely wonderful training I went to earlier this month. It was on end of life care. If you are at all interested in how to help your patients and their families during the transition from cure to comfort and the ways to communicate with them, these courses are for you.

This is the link to the info for the courses. They are grouped in specialties (geriatrics, pediatrics, critical care, and super-core)

http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ELNEC/

They were so inspiring! (And possibly career changing for me!)
If you can't find the funds to go to the course, the people that attend them are considered trainers and there is a link for "local" education opportunities with these trainers.

And now for the lame disclaimer: I have not been asked by the ELNEC program coordinators or their sponsors to advertise/support their programs.

PixelRN
11-28-2007, 04:34 PM
I haven't taken any of the ELNEC courses but I had a chance to speak with one of the directors of the program when I was working for NursingLink.com

They sound like incredible courses. I've always been of the opinion that as nurses we don't get enough End of Life education.