View Full Version : Hugh Hefner

TheBean
11-30-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm still in nursing school but thought I would share, since the nurses in the ER and I had many laughs over this one charmer of a patient.

When I was an EMT, I ran a call for a generic "sick person" call. My crew was comprised of four women including myself. When we arrived at the house, I immediately remembered this place from a previous call. The man that lived here live alone, was in his late 70's, and was a poorly regulated diabetic.

When we walked in, we were greeted by an elderly woman in a terry robe. There was Les Brown playing in the background, and the lights were dimmed. She indicated that her "friend" had gotten up and then quickly fainted in the bedroom.

Upon entering the bedroom, I noticed that our patient was the same gentleman that I worked on before, and dressed in a velvet smoking jacket. Even before assessing him, I determined that he would need to go to the hospital, given his medical history. Of course, he refused and became belligerent. He was adamant that he was fine, he had not been drinking, and was not on any new medications. Even when one of us said, "People don't pass out for no reason", he refused treatment.

So I said, "Mr. ____, how often do four young women want to take you for a ride?" He all but somersaulted onto the gurney. While in the unit, he gained a little more clarity and turned into a real charmer. He was chatty, flirty, and suave.

When we arrived at the hospital, we transferred care to the nurses and went on our way. Apparently, he was quite the charmer with the ER nurses too. Later than night when we ran another call to the hospital, the nurses said "Hey Bunnies! Your Hugh Hefner is doing great." It turns out that he had taken ****** and it made him woozie.

Mother Jones, RN
12-01-2007, 09:48 AM
This story proof the old saying, "Just because there is snow on the roof doesn't mean that there is no fire in the stove."

Give Hugh my regards, and thanks for sharing your story.

MJ :pepsi:

KimRN
12-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Bwahaahahahah! :beer:

No lattes for me while reading this thread!:dancing: