View Full Version : Where ARE all the peds nurses?

geenaRN
06-29-2007, 04:10 PM
The most recent NJO column (http://www.nursingjobs.org/blog/web-paged/where-are-the-peds-nurses.htm) asks where all the pediatric nurse bloggers are. Are there any?

The column points out that there are NICU blogs, and I read a few of those. But I have never come across a pediatric nurse blog.

Seems like a niche that needs to be filled! Calling pedi nurses that like to write!

PICURN
06-30-2007, 04:11 PM
with all the HIPPA stuff lately. I am a pedi nurse and do have a blog, but I hate to write any specifics about patients there. I did my preceptorship and rarely wrote about it. Maybe when I am doing orientation, which starts MONDAY, I will have more stories and figure out how to write about them in a safe way.

geenaRN
06-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Good luck on your orientation! And let us know where your blog is when you're ready. Welcome to Nursing Voices!

KimRN
07-04-2007, 05:57 PM
with all the HIPPA stuff lately. I am a pedi nurse and do have a blog, but I hate to write any specifics about patients there. I did my preceptorship and rarely wrote about it. Maybe when I am doing orientation, which starts MONDAY, I will have more stories and figure out how to write about them in a safe way.

I have a blogroll ready for your blog when it's time to roll it out!

The more experience you have, the easier it is to composite the stories - a little from here, a little from there..

You have to be comfortable!

But I also have to ask, are there any regular pediatric nurses? You know, the ones that work in offices or regular med/surg pedi units? Do those even exist outside of medical centers anymmore? The last three ERs I've worked in - no peds dept in the hospital!:eek:

Burnout Hag RN
10-11-2007, 06:34 PM
I have a blogroll ready for your blog when it's time to roll it out!

The more experience you have, the easier it is to composite the stories - a little from here, a little from there..

You have to be comfortable!

But I also have to ask, are there any regular pediatric nurses? You know, the ones that work in offices or regular med/surg pedi units? Do those even exist outside of medical centers anymmore? The last three ERs I've worked in - no peds dept in the hospital!:eek:
All the peds nurses are in the major peds hospitals until they have children of their own and get paranoid and move to other specialites