View Full Version : Hi i'm new and from Northern Ireland

Emma
02-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone, just found this site. I am a student nurse from Northern Ireland, I am in my second year at university and just entered my branch program of Mental Health in September. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

P/J
02-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Welcome to NV. Feel free to post any questions in the students section of the forum.:party:

Julie
02-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi Emma,

Welcome to Nursing Voices. Great to see someone else here from this side of the Atlantic!

Look forward to hearing more of your experiences as you go through your branch programme.

LesleyJoy
02-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Welcome!

I am looking forward to reading of your progress. Please do return often.

Joy

Believe
02-10-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm new to the forum, but not new to nursing. If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask.

MyOwnWoman
02-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Northern Ireland? I bet you have one of those real cool accents and everything. Welcome to Nursing Voices. You'll love it here.

indya_louise
02-11-2008, 03:17 AM
Northern Ireland? I bet you have one of those real cool accents and everything. Welcome to Nursing Voices. You'll love it here.

Yeah, everybody loves the accent lol. (I'm from NI too)
What uni are you at? What's life as a student nurse like? I've applied for September so I'm eager to hear about your experiences so far!

indya

P.S. Welcome!

Mother Jones, RN
02-11-2008, 08:37 AM
:nurse:Hello and welcome to Nursing Voices. I can't wait to learn more about what it's like to be a nursing student in your country. Keep coming back!

MJ :pepsi:

Julie
02-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Great to see you both here. I am also looking forward to hearing more. Things are now different across the different countries of the UK.

geenaRN
02-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Welcome! Glad to see you here :dancing:

Emma
02-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Great to have such a warm welcome, I am looking forward to having a wee chat with you all! Indya nice to meet you, Nursing in NI is great have you had your interview etc? are you applying for QUB or UU? either way you will have a ball, we have great nursing lecturers and all the mentors on the wards have been so helpful to me. THanks everyone again:elephant:

KimRN
02-12-2008, 07:46 PM

Welcome to Nursing Voices. And I, too, am a sucker for a good accent! LOL!

Nice to see you here!

LesleyJoy
02-14-2008, 12:51 AM
Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing you here often,

Joy

indya_louise
02-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Great to have such a warm welcome, I am looking forward to having a wee chat with you all! Indya nice to meet you, Nursing in NI is great have you had your interview etc? are you applying for QUB or UU? either way you will have a ball, we have great nursing lecturers and all the mentors on the wards have been so helpful to me. THanks everyone again:elephant:

Thanks for the encouragement, I have heard good things about studying nursing here. I applied to QUB and heard back last week- my interview is at the start of next month. I'm excited, but also quite nervous about it, do you have any advice? What kinds of questions did you get asked in your interview? Where did you apply?

Emma
03-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, I have heard good things about studying nursing here. I applied to QUB and heard back last week- my interview is at the start of next month. I'm excited, but also quite nervous about it, do you have any advice? What kinds of questions did you get asked in your interview? Where did you apply?

I hope your interview has gone well, if you have not had it yet good luck. my main advice would be just to be natural, the interviewers want to see that you firstly can be a warm, interested person with good listening skills, just be enthusiastic about becoming a nurse and emphasise how keen you are to learn and of course that patient care is number one! i'm sure you will do well! let me know how it goes.