View Full Version : New to Nursing voices

gracenotes1
02-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi all.
I am a 48 year old early retired nurse. I have been an RN for 20 years but was involved in a horrible wreck in 2001. I have not been able to practice nursing since then.
After the wreck the Doctor said I would never be able to nurse again but what he didn't know is that I can still write. So I began developing my career as a Christian Inspirational Writer.
In 2006 one of my best friends in the world was killed. We had met in nursing school and our careers always paralelled each other. We worked at the hospital on the same unit, then we both went to Home Health Care and later both of us were Directors of Nursing in LTC.
We always wanted to write a book about our experiences as nurses so the day after her funeral I began writing, The Nightingale Protocol. It was released by the publisher last November. So, even tho I am not practicing I continue to be a nurse advocate, a nurse Author and a mentor especially for those in Nursing Administration in Long Term Care. I was DON for 7 years.
So, I keep up with nursing.
I think this forum will give me the opportunity to encouage and help those starting out in nursing. I also have a huge heart for nurses and a head full of stuff to share.
I will enjoy getting to know you all.
You can visit my website about the book at www.nightingale.pnn.com
It is not a text book or a clinical book. It is a handbook of hope to those who dedicate their lives to the care of others.

LesleyJoy
02-16-2008, 11:54 AM
It is not a text book or a clinical book. It is a handbook of hope to those who dedicate their lives to the care of others.

Welcome, Gracenotes1. Please join right in the conversations. There is plenty of room here on the front porch of NV. When you have a moment, won't you please tell us a little more about you and perhaps even a few tidbits from your book? We could all use a little more hope now and then.

Thanks!

Joy

Julie
02-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Welcome Gracenotes!, it is great to have you aboard. As Joy says we look forward to hearing more about your book and to you joining in some of the discussions here.

:elephant::elephant:

geenaRN
02-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Welcome to you, Gracenotes1! We're glad you're here. Looking forward to learning about all that stuff floating around in your head!

Mother Jones, RN
02-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi, welcome to Nursing Voices. Keep coming back!

MJ :pepsi:

MyOwnWoman
02-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi there Grace. Glad to see you aboard. I think you'll like it here. The different aspects of nursing and the different viewpoints always keep me on my toes.

runningnurse
02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Welcome Grace:)
I was looking at some of the info on your book and it looks fabulous! I'm ordering it today and looking froward to reading it. Though I'm not a DON, as a Christian Nurse I'm sure I can draw from it and even better improve my nursing. Thank you for being willing to write from the frontlines so to speak,not all of us realize what a DON does each and every day and I believe this will be a real eyeopener :) Look forward to reading your book and seeing your posts on this forum!