View Full Version : What We Face, Part II

geenaRN
07-02-2007, 05:18 PM
In the ER forum, a fellow member posted about losing an infant. Absolutely heartbreaking :(

In CCU, I faced some heartbreaking situations of my own. A 20 year old head bleed who just complained of a headache and then went unresponsive. He'll never wake up. A man in his 30's with untreated hypertension - same thing. He became unresponsive and will never see his 8 month old daughter again. And she will never see him again as he was. And lastly, a woman in her 40's who fell and hit her head so hard that she had a devastating stroke. She left behind a husband and 2 teenage children when they decided to withdraw the ventilator.

All in one weekend.

Mother Jones, RN
07-02-2007, 08:34 PM
I see kids who come into the hospital when it's their parents who really need the help. Kids come in depressed because their parents are abusive, or they come in "evil" because their parents let them run the house. Either way, it's sad because it's the kids who suffer.

geenaRN
07-02-2007, 11:16 PM
When I floated to child psych, I was pretty appalled at how some of the kids were behaving until visiting hours. Then I got a good look at how they ended up that way.