View Full Version : Gifts

LesleyJoy
05-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Friends,

I was given two wonderful gifts while at work last night. Let me set the stage: the night began very unpleasantly with too many very sick patients, too few beds, and too few staff. After three hours I told the lead nurse in the ER that I had asked God to keep new patients from being admitted and to keep current patients from become sicker. She looked at me as if she thought I had lost my mind. So I said something brilliant: "Well, I have asked God! I just don't have any more beds and I don't have any more staff and I am tired!"

We had no more admits after midnight and not one patient became sicker the whole night long.

Then this morning, as I was checking on everyone as they began their day shift, a certified nursing assistant hugged me. That utterly unflappable, coldly unemotional, and very private woman came clear across a department, wrapped her arms around me, and said, "I just wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day." When I started to cry, she hugged me again. Then she very sensibly went back to work.

I am a woman most blessed.

Thanks for listening.

Joy

thejester
05-10-2008, 11:47 PM
A thats very sweet of here!
This night I entered the room of a old and demented patient. She looked up at me and smiled sooo sweet. She said "OMG I see a angel" :proud: