View Full Version : I'm Firing My Boss

Mother Jones, RN
06-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I have a lot of part time jobs. That's how I pay the rent. One of those jobs involves working at a local drug treatment center. Last night was the last straw, and I've decided to fire my boss. That's right, I'm letting her go. She put my license at risk--I'll spare you the details--and I'm letting her know that we are parting company ASAP! I feel good about my decision, and I'm going to let her have it in my resignation letter. I'm too old to take crap anymore.

Yah for me! :party:

MJ :pepsi:

Scalpal Sal
06-06-2008, 02:02 PM
............ She put my license at risk--.

thats a good enough reason !!!!!!!
It's a lot of hard work to get the licence without losing it due to someone else's fault.

I'm with you on this !!

:highfive:

Mr Ian
06-07-2008, 01:46 PM
I recall a job working for a new private community care company. They were tightly run to the point they didn't care about care.
I was frequently in argument with the clinical director/co-owner.
I decided to resign and when I sat with her I informed her..
":We don't get on very well and it's a case of either you go or I do - and since you own the company, I guess that's me going."

Mother Jones, RN
06-07-2008, 11:06 PM
I recall a job working for a new private community care company. They were tightly run to the point they didn't care about care.
I was frequently in argument with the clinical director/co-owner.
I decided to resign and when I sat with her I informed her..
":We don't get on very well and it's a case of either you go or I do - and since you own the company, I guess that's me going."

I like what you told your boss. Do you mind if I steal it?

NailsBSN
06-20-2008, 11:03 PM
I have a lot of part time jobs. That's how I pay the rent. One of those jobs involves working at a local drug treatment center. Last night was the last straw, and I've decided to fire my boss. That's right, I'm letting her go. She put my license at risk--I'll spare you the details--and I'm letting her know that we are parting company ASAP! I feel good about my decision, and I'm going to let her have it in my resignation letter. I'm too old to take crap anymore.

Love your attitude:party:
A lot of us can learn from you.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Didn't know how I was going to handle having my license put a risk each shift. Well, you simplified it beautifully-I'll be firing my boss, also. And, I am also too old to take the crap anymore.

MyOwnWoman
06-22-2008, 11:04 PM
One of the joys of being a "mature" nurse is that you have the confidence in yourself to be able to fire your boss if you want, and then move on. That attitude makes for a better nurse, and your patients benefit in the long run. Kudos to you.

Mother Jones, RN
06-23-2008, 02:30 AM
Gee, thanks everyone. I'm blushing. :nurse:

Polaris
06-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Good for you! Hope it works out well. Life is to short for anyone to work somewhere like that.