View Full Version : it's never too late...

nursetrish
07-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Hello all...just finished my NCLEX, no results for a couple of days. I'm a new graduate after 4 years of school. That's one thing. The other part of it is that I returned to school 33 years after I received my B.S. degree in Psychology. A single mom re-entering the work force, this is my third career. It wasn't easy.

I have recently been hired as an ICU-RN in a neuro intensive care unit at a major hospital in Seattle. Won't start my job until Sept. 2, assuming I passed the NCLEX!

I hope to encourage other empty-nesters that it is never too late to be a nurse. Besides, my patients will think I've been doing this for years!

I look forward to being in touch with fellow nurses and nurses-to-be everywhere. We need to support each other more. I have seen enough of the "dog-eat-dog" mentality out there already.

Mother Jones, RN
07-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Welcome to Nursing Voices. I admire your grit. It takes backbone to go back to school after 33 years. I can already tell that you are going to be a great nurse. I can't wait to hear about your adventures in nursing.

MJ :pepsi: