View Full Version : Labor and Delivery

cherry
08-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Well I have narrowed myself down to really deep in my heart wanting to go into Labor and Delivery. I recently realized how much I actually watch all the birthing shows on television (Nothing like the real thing but shows my interest before I knew it).

I was just wondering if there are any L&D nurses in here or anyone who has done clinical there yet?

If so, any tips, comments, 'look out fors' and advice is greatly appreciated!:proud:

atlnurse477
12-20-2012, 05:43 AM
Being a labor and delivery nurse is one of the most challenging fields in nursing. Giving birth is one of the life changing happenings in a woman’s life, so as a labor and delivery nurse, you must be equipped with necessary skills for you to fulfil your duties very well. You need to have a good communication skills, you need to be emotionally stable as a lot of moms to be ( especially first time ones) will be very emotional during the labor and delivery, that some of them even cry of pain. You also need to be detail oriented, patient and a critical thinker!Good luck to you