View Full Version : Hi Newbie to Forum here, Name's Leah

Leah
10-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone, just found out about this site this morning. I am in school full time and by the end of December will have completed my Patient Care Technician certification and my plan is to then work PT and continue school to get my LPN license which should take me another 9 months.

So far all is going well and we are about to start clinical training. - This will be my third career as I have been a small business owner over the years in different fields: photography, high-end interior design as well as working for over 20 years.

With the economy as it is, I also had a huge interest in medicine, and needed to be in an almost recession-free area - so voila, here I am.... at 42 and back in school.

single, with the bf living with me, dog and a cat - I look forward to learning all I can...

Mother Jones, RN
10-12-2008, 01:58 AM
Hi Leah:

Welcome to Nursing Voices. It's nice to hear from another cat lover. Please keep coming back!

MJ :pepsi:

P/J
10-12-2008, 04:29 AM
Hi Leah,

The Marshmallow men do the welcome dance for you.
:marshmallow::marshmallow::marshmallow:

JacquiBee
10-12-2008, 07:12 AM
great to have you with us Leah :)

ccathlene68
10-26-2008, 10:11 PM
I am 40 and thinking of going back to school. I currently just got a job as a Resident Assistant at an assisted living facility. I used to be a CNA/CMA in Kansas but I moved to Minnesota and my certification expired. I found out that I don't have to be certified here in Minnesota to work where I work. I don't want this job to deter me from getting my certification again but who knows what will happen. I am a caregiver and I love working with the elderly. Glad to have found this site. Found it on Stumble Upon.