View Full Version : just a CNA

terrajai
10-22-2008, 03:17 AM
Im not sure I can be on here? But I am a CNA and excited to be one. I plan to go for my R.N. and work in NICU, ER, or ICU. Or even long term care, where I am a CNA now. But anyway, my name is Terra, im a CNA, but soon hopefully an R.N.!

I hope I can post here! :dontknow:

P/J
10-22-2008, 07:02 AM
Welcome to NV. Everyone is welcome here, and feel free to ask any questions or opinions that you have!

Mother Jones, RN
10-22-2008, 07:39 AM
We're always glad to have a future RN at Nursing Voices. Welcome aboard!

MJ

MyOwnWoman
11-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. :cheers::shakehands::wave::highfive:

Pal
11-19-2008, 05:04 PM
I wish I was a CNA and working. But I am now stuck in RN program for life.

P/J
11-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I wish I was a CNA and working. But I am now stuck in RN program for life.

Does your program allow you to work as a CNA as you go through? Without really knowing how the American model works, I know that some countries/states allow for RN students to register as lower grade nurses as they study, allowing them to work and get more clinical experiences.

From my reading of other nursing forums, nurses are just approaching facilities in America about working as CNA and providing evidence that they have passed their first clinical semester and are still enrolled in the RN program. These things are generally not advertised much to students, so go and see your school about what they know, also asked the hospitals while you are on placement.

Pal
11-21-2008, 01:31 AM
My Nurse instructor has STRONGLY DISCOURAGED all students from working while attending the program. However, if I continue to fail RN program than I will look into my alternatives and work as a CNA.
My school requires CNA license before attending RN program. I think this is pretty much all the majority NURSING SCHOOL requirements. :nurse:

Rosie
11-26-2008, 05:58 PM
There is no such thing as just a CNA, CNAs are the backbone of healthcare and from my experience as a CNA and as an LPN, the CNAs are always more in tune with what is going on with their patients, you all give care on a constant basis and can always tell when something is not "right" exactly with a patient. My hat is off to everyone who works as a CNA, it is one of the toughest jobs you'll ever love!