View Full Version : Newbie From Minnesota

ccathlene68
10-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I am 40 years old and I have 3 daughters and one granddaughter. It has been a life dream of mine to become an actual RN but I haven't done it yet. There is alot to be said for going through all of the training that it takes to become an RN but I think it boils down to love of humanity. I care deeply about the elderly and have commited my life to caring for them. I was a CNA/CMA in Kansas but my certification expired after moving to Minnesota. Now, I have started working as a Resident Assistant at and assisted living facility. In Kansas, I needed the certification to work at an assisted living facility. I found out that I don't have to have the certification here. I just have to take a 3 day course that the facility pays for. I am just happy to be back doing what I love to do and that is take care of the elderly. I think it is one of the most important jobs in the world because the elderly need care just as the newborn need care. And caring for the elderly is very rewarding on a spiritual level. They have done it all and have been there. It is interesting to hear their stories and be there for them when their families can not. Good to be here. Love, Carrie

Mother Jones, RN
10-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Hello there. Welcome to Nursing Voices. Glad you dropped by.

MJ