View Full Version : Scholarship available!

Marachne
07-18-2007, 01:18 AM
Hi all,

I just got this notice. It's for RN to BS, Masters and Doctoral level students...

AfterCollege and AACN are providing Scholarships exclusively for AACN member schools, and the next deadline is July 31st, with another on October 31

The AACN/AfterCollege Scholarships support students who are seeking a baccalaureate, masters or doctoral degree in nursing. Eight $2,500 scholarships will be awarded throughout the year.

Please click on the link below to apply:
http://www.aftercollege.com/groups/aacn.asp?id=1071185597

KimRN
09-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Hi Marachne!

I meant to thank you for this heads up - I have the application, I believe the next one is due October 31st!

Marachne
09-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Kim, I just keep thinking of you :) This one is specifically for nursing planning to go on to teaching:

http://www.nsna.org/foundation/scholarships/pon_fellowship.asp

The link didn't work for me, but if you go directly to the nsna site, then look at the links on the left side under foundation/scholarships, then scholarships it's there, along with another undergraduate scholarship.

And for good measure I'll include the basic text here:

ATTENTION:

PROMISE OF NURSING REGIONAL FACULTY FELLOWSHIP NOW AVAILABLE

The Foundation of the National Student Nurses’ Association (FNSNA) is pleased to announce that the application for the Promise of Nursing Regional Faculty Fellowship is now available. If you are a licensed registered nurse and are looking to pursue a prestigious career in nursing education, then take advantage of this unique scholarship opportunity.

Awards range from $1,000 to $7,500. Funding can be used to pay tuition, academic fees, and books for the Fall 2008, Spring 2009, and Summer 2009 semesters only. Eligibility criteria include but are not limited to the following:

* Documented academic excellence;
* Financial need;
* Commitment to the nurse educator role and a plan to serve in this capacity upon completion of the program.

RNs who are committed to the nurse educator role can download an application here. Completed applications must be received by Friday, March 7, 2008. Winners will be notified in May. Only winners will be notified.

If you require any further information please contact the FNSNA at (718) 210 -0705 or via email at nsna@nsna.org.

The Foundation of the National Student Nurses’ Association
Attention: PON Regional Faculty Fellowship Program
45 Main Street, Suite 606
Brooklyn, NY 11201

It looks like they administer a whole slew of undergraduate scholarships as well

Marachne
09-24-2007, 11:12 AM
If you're having problems accessing the appropriate page or if you want to take the easy way, send me an email, I've downloaded the basic application and description of all the scholarships they offer.

KimRN
09-30-2007, 11:55 AM
If you're having problems accessing the appropriate page or if you want to take the easy way, send me an email, I've downloaded the basic application and description of all the scholarships they offer.

Interesting - you have to be going to school in the zip code you plan to teach in! That leaves me out as school is in Wisconsin and I'm in California!

: (

Thanks for the info, though. I did apply for the first one you mentioned. Should know after October 31st.

Marachne
09-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh, sorry about that Kim...But aren't you thinking of moving to Oregon? I think they're on the list...

Keeping fingers crossed for good news on the other one.

Marachne
12-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Hi, it's your scholarship queen here:

This one's a bit specific, but considering the incidence of breast cancer out there, it's still a pretty big pool. And hey, up to 10K/year for 4 years is nothing to sneeze at!

Sorry for the US-centric nature of these posts, but it's what comes my way.

The Susan G. Komen for the Cure College Scholarship Award Program is offering college scholarships to students who cannot financially afford to attend college due to the impact of losing a parent to breast cancer. Scholarships awarded are for up to $10,000 a year over a four-year period. The program assists young adults in their academic pursuits.

Applicant Qualifications

*Have lost a parent to breast cancer.
*Be a high school graduate, a high school student who will
graduate by June 2008, or have received the equivalent of a high school diploma. Current college students are eligible.
*Plan to attend a state-supported college or university in the
state where they permanently reside.
*Have a college GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale (if already attending
college).
*Be no older than 25 years old by June 2008.
*Be a U.S. citizen, or documented permanent resident of the U.S.
*Never at any time have been subject to any disciplinary action
by any institution or entity, including, but not limited to, any
educational or law enforcement agency.

Amount

Up to $10,000 a year.

Term Four years

Important Deadlines

The 2008 Komen College Scholarship is now available online! The deadline for submission is February 1, 2008.

Applications and more information can be found online at:

http://cms.komen.org/komen/GrantsProgram/AwardsScholarships/CollegeSchol
arshipAwards/index.htm
http://cms.komen.org/komen/GrantsProgram/AwardsScholarships/CollegeScho
larshipAwards/index.htm>

A total of seven scholarships will be awarded.

KimRN
12-27-2007, 01:20 PM
My problem is that there is no way I will ever make the cut based on financial need.

I have a good job as an RN with $1800 dollars a year reimbursement from my job.

As much as I'd like to apply, I keep thinking there are students more needy.

Now, if they based it on essays or scholarship and not financial need, I might have a chance.