View Full Version : We Got A Newbie In The House!

Toasti
02-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Hello :)

I was doing some research on Nurse Forums & I stumbled across this, which is perfect. I decided to become a member right away once I saw a lot of informative posts/answers; plus, everyone seems so friendly!

I also decided to become a memeber because I am very interested in getting a lot of useful information on nursing careers after school & such. I am currently working & waiting to pick a school to attend for nursing, hopefully work for a few years & then attend additional school for further nursing careers such as an anesthetist, labor/deliver, etc. I just wanted to find out how long the additional school would be for those specialties & what are salaries like aftering specializing in something else?

Thanks in advance; any & ALL answers are appreciated.

P/J
02-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi and welcome to NV Toasti.

The length of additional studies depends on what you decide to do, some have greater on the job training than others. In general a postgraduate diploma takes about a year. Midwifery is usually an extra degree, so can take just as long as your initial degree.

Although it is a good idea to know that you want, I have seen a lot of people who change their mind after getting to the end of their initial nursing degree. I just say this so you are conscious not to make decisions which will minimize your options in the end.

PJ

CNAKing
02-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Hello,

I have decide to join this forum so I can get more inside about nursing. I working as a CNA but I will be going to school to be a LPN in August. I want to learn more about nursing so I can be prepared when it comes to time for me to go to school.

Can you guys help me??

Mr Ian
02-28-2009, 08:15 AM
Hi Toasti and welcome