View Full Version : International Nurse!! G'day mate :)

Aussie_Nurse
09-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm currently a student nurse in my final stages of study to be an RN. I am looking at relocating to America mid 2011. I would love any information on how to go about this, it seems as though it's a bit of a run around. To get a visa I need a job but to get a job I need a visa! haha I would love to talk to someone who has done this before or best case scenario anyone looking to employee an Australian RN!! :)

Cheers,

Emma Perry (Em Jay on f'book - Townsville, Australia)

P/J
11-28-2010, 06:48 AM
Hi, Congrats on the end/near end of your degree. To work in US/Canada you have to meet their nursing requirements which are different than those that govern us in Aust. To get your licence to practice in the US you need to sit the NCLEX (they do not have automatic registration if you are already licensed). The easiest way is to go through an agency who will organise some revision, testing and registration. The agency might even find a job for you.

Just a word of caution: From your post you will not complete a grad year before going over, and nursing jobs are very competitive. I suggest you do some reading about the NCLEX and nursing requirements before you apply and the scope of practice for nurses is different in every country and thus eduction standards are also different.

Hope this was of help.

nitinajwani
03-23-2012, 02:49 AM
Hi Aussi
I have heard about very well.You should go for this it is a very nice carrier option.